→ The RMA wish to announce the appointment of Mark McSherry as its new Chief Executive
The Risk Practice Lead will fulfill an important role in delivering key RMA functions. The post-holder will lead, design, project manage and deliver the publication of standards and guidelines, and a programme of development, training, research and evaluation to support a range of risk practice initiatives. Working with a wide range of stakeholders and practitioners, the post-holder will promote successful implementation and advance effective practice, supporting individuals and organisations through change, in order that risk practice approaches and systems are implemented, reviewed and further developed.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in criminal justice, gained in areas such as social work or psychology, and a sound knowledge of the theory and research that informs risk assessment and risk management practice.
▪ Degree and relevant professional/post-graduate qualification.
▪ Experience of managing casework within the fields of criminal justice,
social work or law.
▪ Knowledge of the development, theory and research evidence in the
field of risk assessment and management.
▪ Communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
▪ Experience of conducting research using qualitative and quantitative
methods; ability to source, review and analyse a range of data to
produce reports suitable for external circulation and/or publication.
▪ Ability to influence
operational staff as well as senior managers and
▪ A track record of working in partnership to develop and implement
▪ Ability to design and deliver learning and development programmes.
▪ Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team to deliver a range
▪ Ability to use a range of Microsoft Office and analytical software e.g.
Microsoft Word, Excel, SPSS.
The RMA offers excellent conditions of employment which include 25 days annual leave, 11½ days public/privilege holidays, flexible working hours and pension.
The post of Risk Practice Lead is a Grade 6 post with a salary range of £40,551 – £45,788.
To arrange a confidential discussion about the position or any process queries please contact Paul Foy at email@example.com or 0141 278 4478.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 25th August 2019
Website by Haiwyre